Hanneke is a lawyer at Brinkhof who litigates and advises on competition law, telecommunications law and consumer law. Her particular area of focus is the digital sector. The area of law Hanneke has registered with the Dutch Bar is economic planning law.
What others say about Hanneke:
Hanneke Kooijman is the rising star within the ranks of Brinkhof’s EU and competition practice.” (Legal 500)
Experience & ancillary activities
Hanneke graduated cum laude from Tilburg University in 2015 with a Master’s in European Public Law and a Bachelor’s in Dutch law. After spending a semester at the Ruprecht-Karls Universität in Heidelberg, Hanneke worked as a legal expert on European law at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. She is a member of the Netherlands Association for European Law (NVER) and the Association for Competition Law (VvM), and has an excellent command of English and German. Hanneke has been working at Brinkhof since 2016.
Some of the cases Hanneke Kooijman has handled:
- T-Mobile’s appeal against a multi-million euro fine from the Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM);
- private claims litigation against Big Tech companies;
- advising on the implementation of new European regulations governing telecoms providers and Big Tech;
- representing Big Tech companies in their relationship with regulators;
- proceedings on the granting of state aid for the laying of fibre optic networks.